Thursday, February 12, 2009

Roses are red...


As I pulled into the driveway after MOPS this afternoon, I noticed a car in front of our mailbox. I wasn't expecting anyone and I assumed it was somebody trying to sell something. I hesitantly walked out front, E in tow, and this jolly fellow asked if I was Susan. Why, yes indeed, that's me...now what are you going to sell me and how did you know my name? Well, ma'am (there's that stinkin' ma'am again) I have some flowers for you. For meeeee...?? I said that in my most southernly drawl. Yes, for me. Oh the joys of flower delivery!! So, I have to brag since it is so rare and here's a picture of my Valentine flare!!
The flowers with the key to my honey's heart draped around the vase were enough, but I have to share what he wrote on the card (for posterity, of course).
Uhhh, hummm (thats me clearing my throat...)
If raindrops fell upon my head,
If lightning flashed and thunder said,
This is your hour, what would you do?
I'd close my eyes, and think of you...
Minute after minute,
'til my hour was through....
OK SERIOUSLY!!! I know its so very Valentine Day cliche, but so very, very sweet and I know thunder doesn't talk, but man if it did...
If you know Big Game, you know this is completely out of character and SO TOTALLY APPRECIATED!!!
I'd close my eyes and think of you...SERIOUSLY!!

4 comments:

Cassie said...

OK so he gets MAJOR points. Are you feeling a little nervous about having to do something in return? That's sounds a little naughty...I meant get something for him! :) Oh wait... didn't we learn today that we are not supposed to keep score or is that only for the bad stuff?

Susan Nelson said...

good thing I went to MOPS and got that cute little I Love You Because gift!!! Very sweet!!

Unknown said...

THAT'S SOOOO AWESOME!!!! Happy Love Day to you both!!!

StaciSpeaks said...

Awww..... loving that. Hope you're all well!! Happy Spring, friend!!!