Tuesday, April 7, 2009

2 months-REALLY?

So, ok, its been 2 months since my last extremely indulgent post and it has been a whirlwind!! Seriously, 2 months??

We saw Celine Dion in concert (thanks to a comp from some volunteer work I did:))! We weren't too excited, but then once we got there, man can she rock! Good times...

I think heading off to Vegas in February put me in my head as my yearly trip allowed me to party like an "I have 3 kids at home" rockstar and come home to enjoy yet more snow...

March brought a visit from great friends for a ski trip and it was awesome to see the older girls on skis again and we are looking forward to that continuing next year, but are more looking forward to it melting:)

Kiddo #1 had her first Hip Hop competition that was more fun than expected and she looked the part to a tee! E danced through the whole thing in her stroller and since she is walking with help now, she likes to boogy down like the rest of us!

April fools day came with pranks galore! My shampoo got stolen from my shower and kid #1 put Vixie the snail (who we can NOT believe is still alive) on kid #2's toy for her to find with screaming delight! We were off and running and I even got one over on James, it was a little naughty, but worth the stomach muscle cramps from laughing!

My good friend had a baby girl, that I knew I should of placed bets on the sex and because we had a 2 week solid round of stomach flu, I missed the whole thing and am hoping to see her E soon:)

That brings me to these past couple weeks....aaarrrggghhh!!! They can be summed up in IEP's suck, I can't believe the baby's turning one, and why are my jeans getting tighter?!?!

So, with no Elmo cake or wrapping paper purchased, no plans for Easter dinner on the horizon, phone calls to previous professionals that have worked with autism and us before, shedding dogs, Sangria Sundays (thanks girls), and 8am photo shoots with Zoie it was no wonder that I was drooling on my pillow before 10am this morning...yes, I did go back to bed! AND I am seriously wondering how I ever left the house with 2 infants. Between the 2 naps, 40 minute mealtimes with 4 teeth, and poopy diapers everytime its time to leave it makes the bucking squeal of the car seat a welcomed reprieve...good times:)

Hopefully I'll be able to post some E birthday pix and we'll be able to play one of two games depending on if I can make it to the store, count the number of Elmo's or where's Elmo??

Happy Spring!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I'd been wondering where you had been. Guess you have just been being lazy .. HA! Kidding! You know I love ya!

Susan Nelson said...

Seriously-considering this and Facebook is the only way I can keep track of everyone, I deserved the scolding:)