Monday, February 2, 2009

A Case of the Mondays...

Anyone ever see Office Space? As I was drowsily falling asleep to it last night, I remember thinking "That's why I HATED working in an office!" Those opening few scenes where the main character dude did his cover sheet to the report wrong and EVERYONE had to not only correct him, but make sure that he read the memo, and even when he said he did read the memo, they asked him again, and told him to be sure he did it right the next time. WHY on earth do people make sure to tell you when you've screwed up and not just once, multiple times? Does it make them feel better about themselves...that they've read the memo and followed its easily forgettable instructions?
So, this morning it happens to be Monday. I don't dislike Mondays, but when my phone rang and it was my work asking me to explain something I'd done (even though they knew exactly what it was), I frowned at my spouse as he cheerily says, "Somebody's got a Case of the Mondays...!" I may have flipped him off in my head, don't tell anyone.

AND that is why having HBO in HD may not be best for marital bliss, although Big Love is quite entertaining, doesn't do anything for the marriage except make my him grateful he has only 1 wife AND that is why we haven't cancelled the prior stated channel.

A case of the Mondays...hopefully a case of the Tuesdays is sarcasm and mean-spirited free!

1 comment:

me said...

Love Office Space!